Friday, July 19, 2013

Fun day at home

Lazy days of summer..... As a stay at home Mom, I try to have 1 or 2 days a week where we stay home. My girls (ages 3 1/2 and 5) could get out everyday and love being very social. I, on the other hand, would rather stay home most days. Not that I am not social, I LOVE my friends/ adult conversation time. I just prefer to get out without 2 kids in tow. It is very exhausting. The constant questions and bickering, the reminders on my part of how to behave, the waiting (my youngest is sssooo slow), and the in and out of dreaded carseats. Also just the need to constantly watch them so they do not get hurt but also get your things (shopping) done. We women are the best at multi-tasking!

So on days we stay home I want to give them something to do other than TV or computer time. For me that is CRAFTS! I love crafts. I also like anything that gets their little creative minds rolling. On a side note, I am a big component on letting your kids get bored once in a while and allowing them to come up with something to do on their own. I love to spend time with them but I am not going to be their complete source of entertainment every minute, that's not how the real world works.

So on this particular rainy summer day we made crafts. I had bought a few inexpensive items for their enjoyment. One was painting window art, which I did not take pics of. The other was creating structures out of mini marshmallows and toothpicks.


 

Not only was it tons of fun but we were able to talk about what shapes they could make. In addition, to a yummy snack to eat at the end! I would say the spent 1 maybe 2 hours playing. That's worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment