Monday, July 1, 2013

DIY Sugar Facial Scrub

 
You will need the following:
 
1/2 cup fine sugar or brown sugar
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (liquid form)
1 tsp dry milk
5 drops of favorite essential oil *see note below
Drop of food coloring - if desired
Jar to store in
 
Use twice weekly to combat that dead skin.
 
Additional notes:
I prefer a mix of Melaleuca/Tea Tree oil and Lavender.
Tea Tree combats acne and Lavender sooths the skin. Using Coconut oil has many benefits over other oils as it is antimicrobial, an antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, and has soothing qualities. Not to mention it is a great moisturizer and does not clog pores. Rub it on!
I used regular sugar my first round and it is a little to rough for my sensitive skin. If you can find fine sugar or go with brown sugar it still works as a great scrub without the harsh roughness.
Make a bigger batch to give away. These make great teacher gifts or just fun for friends.
 
 
 
I love the benefits of essential oils and am trying to live more chemical-free. You will be seeing more of my recipes soon on my quest to stop buying expensive body and home products and making them all homemade. I am allergic to sulfites which are found in so many products and I hate reading the labels and not knowing what over half the products are. So far I have been so pleased with everything I have made. For essential oils, find a quality therapeutic grade product. They are a little more expensive but well worth it over store bought oils that boast "100% pure". Therapeutic grade oils give you greater and more consistent results. I get all my Essential Oils at wholesale at www.mydoterra.com/eclineoils 
 
Enjoy, E


No comments:

Post a Comment